The Trademark Attorney’s Second Job: Spotting Key (Non-IP) Issues in Social Media
Recorded On: 05/22/2017
Pre-recorded from INTA's 2017 Annual Meeting.
This panel will focus on legal areas that are not exactly within the typical scope of a trademark professional, but areas on which they will likely come across or overlap now that social media is a part of doing business.
Issues to be discussed include the following:
- U.S. FTC decisions on social media advertising, including native advertising, influencer advertising, endorsements, employee advocacy programs, and best practices.
- Issues in live broadcasting on social media (includes United States and China).
- Other watch-outs for social media advertising or communications based on regulatory concerns (includes United States and China).
- Tips for social media policies (includes United States and China).
- Overview of China’s social media, including an overview of common social media platforms, trends, China State Administration of Industry and Commerce SAIC) decisions on social media advertising, and legal watch-outs or best practices.