Paving the Way for the Next Generation of Trademark Lawyers in the 21st Century
Recorded On: 05/02/2015
Pre-recorded from INTA's 2015 Annual Meeting.
A panel including a law firm partner, a law firm associate and a law firm consultant (or inside counsel) will examine the changing landscape for trademark lawyers and address the following critical issues:
- How are trademark attorneys hired, and are law school IP programs important?
- How do trademark attorneys learn the nuts and bolts of substantive trademark law?
- How do trademark attorneys learn how to prosecute trademarks and handle international work?
- Does technology make a difference in the way trademark attorneys are trained today?
- What can trademark attorneys do to ensure the viability of their skills well into the 21st century?
- What can law firms do to better mentor trademark attorneys and cultivate their legal (and networking) skills?
- How can organizations like INTA be utilized to help groom the legal (and marketing) skills of the next generation of trademark lawyers?