An Insider’s View of the Challenges of Law Firm Management
Recorded On: 05/02/2015
Pre-recorded from INTA's 2015 Annual Meeting.
This session will provide a behind-the-scenes look at the many issues facing law firm management, specifically:
- How does a firm balance the pricing pressure from inside counsel with the need to maintain a reasonable level of profitability?
- How does one deal with staffing issues and balance the client relationship with the need to handle administrative and marketing responsibilities?
- How does one facilitate more knowledge sharing within a firm and foster relationships among colleagues?
- What technologies are available to make the law firm more efficient?
- How does a firm mentor and supervise its associates to strengthen their critical legal and business skills?
- How can staff and paraprofessionals provide more value to the firm?
- What are best practices in dealing with collections to reduce accounts receivable?
- Are requests by clients for proposals worth the time and effort to respond?
- How are firms dealing with issues of reciprocity when it comes to maximizing potential business while advancing client interests in uniform representation?
- How are firms vetting and handling conflicts of interest: legal vs. business?