Hot Topics in EU and UK Trademark Law
Recorded On: 06/10/2020
Join us for this Zoom webcast to hear Nick Aries of Bird & Bird and member of INTA’s Enforcement Committee’s Bad-Faith Task Force discuss hot topics in EU and UK Trademark Law.
Nick will cover the following issues:
- The possible rise in prominence of bad faith (Skykick, Monopoly, Koton—CJEU)
- Trademark liability for online platforms (Louboutin v. Amazon, Coty v. Amazon—CJEU)
- Brand enforcement online: where to sue a website (AMS Neve—CJEU) and website-blocking injunctions (CJEU and national decisions)
- European Union Trade Mark (EUTM) Directive reforms: implementation status update
- Brexit impact on brands: takeaway points
Bird & Bird (United States)
Nick co-heads the firm's representative office in San Francisco, advising on and coordinating European and UK IP law matters from a US time zone. Nick is a trusted advisor in connecting Bird & Bird's US clients with their experts in Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific, covering all areas in which the firm specializes.
A General Certificate of Attendance is available for participants who are located outside of the United States.
CLE for the following states have been approved and a certificate of attendance is available for download:
Additional states will be added as they are approved. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.